2021年10月10日 星期日

#vocabulary

 

Is technology harmful to youngsters?


adolescent : a young person who is developing into an adult

  She doesn't understand the emotional problems of adolescents.

smoking gun : information that proves who committed a crime

  The tape recordings provided prosecutors with the smoking gun they needed to prove he'd  been involved in the conspiracy.

savvy : practical knowledge and ability

  She hasn't got much savvy.

immersive : seeming to surround the audience, player, etc. so that they feel completely    involved in something

  The new game is more immersive.

manipulate : to control something or someone to your advantage, often unfairly or dishonestly

  Throughout her career she has very successfully manipulated the media.

沒有留言:

張貼留言

# Is there a short-term or long-term goal that you want to achieve in your life?

My long-term goal are public employment or accountant. I haven't decided yet. I think I will complete my short-term goal first. My short...